View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:43 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from [email protected]. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 hw110 ft/lb 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 3 time
Unread post hw110 ft/lb
hi guys, what Ft/lb do you think I should be getting out of a 3 month old hw110, only my son has had his chronographed on Tuesday and it only gave a result of 10.3 ft/lb using bisley magnums in .177

we brought these guns at the same time and I think 10.3 ft/lb is a bit low, I'm now going to chrono mine, I am expecting something around the 11 Ft/lb mark, what do you think I should expect.

thanks.

sorry, found a few posts on this forum about the same thing (should have searched) :idiot: and it has been mentioned 11.6 ft/lb so if I don't get near that it's going back, don't you agree :thumbup:

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:15 pm
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 1 time
Unread post Re: hw110 ft/lb
hi ,not telling you how to suck eggs. if the weights have been put in right on the chonno then I'd try something a little lighter around the 8 grain mark, ie a/arms field and then see what its doing ftb wise. 10.3 is a little low, imo 11.6 is a touch high and with some brands of pellets could take it over uk legal limit when doing a full shot string test. (that's what would be done if it was ever tested by the law if it went over 12flb at the very least you could have it confiscated ). 11.4 is more of a safe bet but personally I would test it with a few mainstream brands for my own piece of mind. if it still low and you're not happy, have a word with the shop and ask what can be done. its not unusual for newer guns to be on the low side power wise, it seems to be a trend !!. atb gc**.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:30 am
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 4 time
Most manufacturers seem to be sending PCP's out around 10.5 FPE by default.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:29 am
NeuWOCer

thanks for that guys, the gun was only tested with bisley magnums so I'll try others, I can sort of see why manufacturers send out guns sub 11 ft/lb because of different weight pellets but the gun is supposed to be Sub 12 ft/lb so I would expect to get 11+, if I get it with a certain pellet then ok.

sorry but this is not a moan about the gun I love it and it's really accurate, I'm just funny about thing like this but you guys are the experts and if you say what I'm getting is normal I'm sort of ok with that.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 am
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 8 time
Hi Sherlock.
As I think you have seen in my post, I've sent two back and now waiting for my third, or possibly the original reset hopefully to 11.3-11.4 ft lbs with 8.4gr which should max out at 11.7 with 10.3gr. I found JSB Heavies were a gnat's higher in power than H&N Bara Match 4.51 (same pellet as BisMags). Neither gave good groupings at long range.

Until RFDs start making this a major issue with Hull Cartridge I think we can expect shipment of 10.5 ft lb guns to be the norm. HW110's are being sold as full-power sporting guns. They don't comply with adverts and Weihrauch specs, and they are being mis-sold. If they were advertised as 10.5 ft lb I bet there would be a big drop in sales.

If my third replacement comes back underpowered and only liking lightweight pellets I'll be going direct to HC and Weihrauch to ask why they are unable to supply a gun that conforms to spec. I doubt my complaint will make a difference. And my contract is with the RFD so I have no legal footing to demand any action. So its up to owners to put pressure on their RFDs and ensure they make it clear this practice is unacceptable.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:35 am
NeuWOCer

You may be interested in a graph of power vs pellet weight created from my chrono test results.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:02 pm
NeuWOCer

hi tonyc,

yeah I've seen your other post and you give some great information in that and this one, based on what you've said we'll be going to get them chronographed again with lighter pellets, your right they are not selling a full power rifle it's sub 11ft/lb I just want what they say it should give, mine did like light pellets but won't fire anything but heavier pellets now so don't know what's going on.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:35 pm
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 2 time
Its a bit unfortunate that im getting 10.3ft/lbs from BisMags i was told by one of the staff at the shop that heavy pellets(like Bismags) Do give a higher reading, if this is true if i use a 8.4Gr pellet it might go under 10ft/lbs, if it does then ill be sending it back to HC, i dont have JSB Diabolos anymore but i do have JSB RS Exacts Diabolos, they're a bit lighter than normal JSB diabolo at 7.33Gr.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:09 pm
NeuWOCer

Sorry sherlock - it was villaman's pic I was thinking of.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:41 pm
NeuWOCer

tonyc wrote:
Sorry sherlock - it was villaman's pic I was thinking of.

No sure what happened - this was supposed to be a correction to a comment that's gone missing. The gist of what I said is as follows.

I've been doing some research on barrel manufacturing and rifling methods. Barrel-to-barrel consistency from the hammer forging process (HW barrels are hammer forged) is a widely reported challenge. This may explain why HW barrels can be pellet fussy, different barrels liking different pellets, with Weihrauch unable to make a barrel to suit a particular pellet type. I wonder if there is some random and delicate match between barrel and pellet harmonics so affected barrels can be very accurate but the match is easily disturbed. (I've no evidence for this so its just a hypothesis.)

I don't want to be unfairly critical of Weihrauch so I'll keep further speculation to myself - at least until I've given HC fair chance to supply me with a gun that works. Any evidence to contradict my hypothesis would be welcome.

What is worrying, is the change in what your barrel likes. My hypothesis would suggest either the pellet or barrel harmonics have changed. So have you (a) changed pellet batch and checked the 8.44gr pellets are from the same die (AA DF 4.51 i.e. JSB die 10 and 12 perform differently on my guns) (b) cleaned your barrel (c) removed the stock and/or tightened the bolts to a different torque (d) changed silencer (d) knocked the barrel, etc.? Also, if the match is that delicate, a change in power could be the cause.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:10 pm
NeuWOCer

nothing much has changed, the barrel was cleaned when the gun was brought, never checked batch and die (being a noob ) everything else is as is, I'll get it chronographed to see if it's the same as my son's, 10.3 Ft/lb.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:02 pm
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 37 time
Try different pellets , Bismags aren't the best to try .
JSB heavies more than likely give you a higher reading , can be as much as .5 ft/lbs more 712 716 fps on average i am getting with them . AA fields 4.51 , sovereigns , JSB exact 4.51 , JSB FT 4.51 giving me on average me 11.19- 11.30 ft/lbs.
Just make sure your barrel is clean :salut:

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:17 pm
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 15 time
villaman wrote:
Try different pellets , Bismags aren't the best to try .
JSB heavies more than likely give you a higher reading , can be as much as .5 ft/lbs more 712 716 fps on average i am getting with them . AA fields 4.51 , sovereigns , JSB exact 4.51 , JSB FT 4.51 giving me on average me 11.19- 11.30 ft/lbs.
Just make sure your barrel is clean :salut:

Yes both of my HW100 give the highest reading with JSB 10.34 heavies 710 fps and they are also the most consistent and very accurate . :thumb:

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:16 pm
VunderWOCer

Have thanks: 45 time
JSBs skirt seals better in the bore, i doubt bisleys give highest in any gun, if bisleys are close to the limit, i bet you are over the limit.
now i dont know if bisleys in .177 are too small or too tight but typically low power, just like i alsways get low reading with accupells, 10.8fpe or so with .22s but JSBs are almost 1fpe more efficient.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:00 pm
NeuWOCer

thanks for the replies guys,

some really good info, I'm learning a lot about pellets in this post, definitely going to try some of the pellets you've mentioned, I only tried bisley's because they were the best for my accuracy and all I had.

I've been in touch with HC and they have virtually said the same as you guys but did also say that weihrauch test their guns with head size 4.41 in .177 so I'm going to make sure that's the size I use.

are there any pellets 4.41 or was that a typo by HC the ones I use are 4.51.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next