View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:35 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from [email protected]. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 HW50 or HW95 (R9) in .22? 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 0 time
Unread post HW50 or HW95 (R9) in .22?
Guys this my first post although I've been checking out your fine forum for a while. I'm pretty new to air guns having purchased a new Diana 48 in .22 in June of this year. It's a fantastic rifle and shoots very well if I do my part, but it seems it wasn't the best choice to learn the basics with. Plus it's heavy, 11 lbs, 2 oz with the scope.

I'm looking for something lighter that is easier to pack around and not as critical (my form) to shoot. My intended purpose is to punch paper, shoot sparrows, starlings and the occasional squirrel. I've checked out on line the Diana 34, HW30, HW50 and the HW95 or R9. Wanting a .22 lets out the HW30 and I think from what I've read that the 50 and 95 are better rifles than the 34.

My only concern with the 50 is the power in .22 and I'm curious about how critical the 95 and R9 are to shoot.

BTW it needs to be ambidextrous as I shoot left handed.

So, for the folks that have shot thes two rifles what are your opinions?

Thanks, Justin

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:06 pm
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 1 time
Unread post Re: HW50 or HW95 (R9) in .22?
I have them both in .22, though my HW95 is a Beeman R-9, and they're both superb rifles. The HW50s is not as hold sensitive as the 95, and for that reason I would suggest the 50. The only thing, since they're both very accurate, you'd be giving up is the bit more power of the 95. The 50 is a joy to shoot, with its stylish stock that has cheek pieces on both sides. RC

here's a pretty thorough review
http://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/weih ... 2-caliber/

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 15 time
Weihrauch's do have better fit and finish but the 34 is a fine rifle, I have 3. With little work the T-06 trigger is just as good as the Rekord. Plus the option of a synthetic stock when beating through the bush is nice.
My .22 with a Maccari kit sits at 15 fpe and is easy to shoot. The .177 with his OS kit puts me a touch under 13 fpe and is maybe a touch more accurate.

For what you intend to use it for, .177 is fine. The 50S shines in this caliber. With a Maccari kit I'm right at 10.5 fpe and it is point and shoot out to 30 yards. Very accurate. The downside is the articulated cocking linkage makes the cocking effort feel like a full power break barrel.
My 95 is .177 with a 50 spring putting me about 11.5 fpe, easy to cock and about as accurate as my 50.

Whatever you decide, I would choose the 95 over the R9 to have the option of using open sights.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 pm
UberWOCer

Have thanks: 30 time
From your list & use the 95 would fit the bill, nothing wrong with the 50 & they are super accurate but it is a sub 12 ft/lb rifle & may suffer from the galling which if your new to springers may be a bit daunting but it shouldn't be.

The 34 also has the power & strong following but the 95 has the edge IMO.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]