View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:41 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from [email protected]. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 HW 98 [Beeman R 11] 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 4 time
Unread post HW 98 [Beeman R 11]
G'day All,

I have been researching this rifle in spite of a shortage of funds and space in my gun cabinets. I have found some reviews, mostly positive, but some strongly negative. There is an HW 98 with a 4-12 Simmons scope for sale and I am tempted. The rifle likely dates from about 2002. Does any one have an opinion about this model rifle? I have never seen one so am unable to make a judgement. Further the rifle is in Northern Queensland and I am in the South of Australia so I cannot see it for myself.

Any advice would be much appreciated,

Jim
Via Ballarat
Australia

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:20 am
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 19 time
Unread post Re: HW 98 [Beeman R 11]
Hi Jim, I bought a .177 HW98, and could not get on with it, I admit I did not give it long, We just did not hit it off. It had a kick I was not used to, and not prepared to adapt. It felt heavy, probably the added barrel weight. The adjustable stock, however, was a dream. It was quickly sold. Many years later, and I discovered the .22 HW95K, loved it, bought one. It is now my only spring rifle. Thanks to a forum member I was able to add the adjustable HW98 stock, for me the best of both worlds, docility of a .22 and comfort of the 98 adjustable stock, oh yes, and a length that suits me.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:17 am
UberWOCer

Have thanks: 30 time
The action is the same as a HW95 with a sleeved barrel which makes it front end heavy & a target style stock which some like others don't .

Overall its a good rifle & fairly expensive, it depends if you can put up with the extra weight.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 4 time
Thank you both for your responses. I gather it is a rifle that people either like or dislike and I have found out it is based on the Beeman R 9/HW 95. The heavier barrel making it a little balanced toward the muzzle does not bother me, nor that it is heavier than many other rifles. Since I have several very heavy rifles, e.g. FAC HW 90s, I am not fussed about overall weight. I do like the idea of the adjustable stock. It appears in photos to be a high quality rifle.

Now I have to figure out if I have room to fit one more rifle in my gun cabinets.

Jim

Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]