View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 am

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from [email protected]. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Hw30s with maccari kit and ultimox. 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 0 time
Unread post Hw30s with maccari kit and ultimox.
I have a hw30s with maccari kit. It was lubed with JM molly and tar and was working realy good. But i then desided to try ultimox as lube. Cleaned it out and lubed it again.
But now I have a terrible spring grind noise when im cocking the rifle. Sounds like the cocking shoe is grinding on the spring. Is this normal using ultimox and krytox?

Sent fra min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:25 pm
UberWOCer

Have thanks: 30 time
Unread post Re: Hw30s with maccari kit and ultimox.
Could be a coincidence but check its not got the dreaded galling, it doesn't have a shoe I presume you mean the ears on the cocking link.If you stripped it to relube it could be that the spring has not yet settled on the guide as it was.Though the sound is more of a resonance than a grind,

I would relube with good old moly on the spring & a touch on the piston skirt.

Not sure if you have a sleeve in the piston, if not try with one in it.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:34 pm
NeuWOCer

Its the ears on the cocking link that touches the spring. I can see the ultimox getting removed when im cocking the rifle. It also gets harder to cock as the spring gets more compressed.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:39 pm
NeuWOCer

I tryed to cock the rifle again. I remeberd wrong. Its when i am returning the barrel after its cocked that the grinding noise comes. Its clearly touching the spring.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:01 pm
UberWOCer

Have thanks: 30 time
lohne82 wrote:
I tryed to cock the rifle again. I remeberd wrong. Its when i am returning the barrel after its cocked that the grinding noise comes. Its clearly touching the spring.

In that case it sounds more likely the ears are grinding in the cylinder slot or the cocking link is grinding in the stock mounting bracket possibly both, since in the cocked position the spring is not exposed unless it has no sleeve.Also the pressure is relieved off the link so a buckled spring may cause the noise.

Either way a further strip is needed with relube & a bit of a fettle.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:47 am
NeuWOCer

Thank you for the replys. The rifle has no piston sleeve. And i can clearly hear the coils when im moving the barrel back. Whats strange is that when i was using molly and tar i did not have any problems.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:59 am
NeuWOCer

I was trying to edit to NO piston sleeve....

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:07 am
UnterWOCer

Have thanks: 4 time
Could be that the spring has got a slight cant on it when compressed and sitting in a different position than before, does it have a top hat and spring guide?

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]