View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:28 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from [email protected]. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fatal Shooting 
UberWOCer

Have thanks: 19 time
Unread post Fatal Shooting
Read the sad story today of a teenager in Suffolk who died after an accident involving an air rifle.

This is surely not good news for the future of unlicensed ownership!!

HW77 .22 (1984) Refurbished
Air Arms Mk2 S200 .177 - Hawk Vantage 3-9x40 Ao

Mon May 02, 2016 9:34 pm
VunderWOCer

Have thanks: 96 time
Unread post Re: Fatal Shooting
Here

Quote:
"It just shows the danger of air rifles. People would be best of getting rid of them."

I heard of someone being killed with a kitchen knife recently. I would be best of getting rid of them. Who knows what can happen to me if i keep my kitchen knives...

And don't forget the McDonalds food. And i don't mean death by fat.

Tue May 03, 2016 10:43 am
UnterWOCer

Have thanks: 2 time
Nobody has yet pointed out that the three thirteen year old lads should not have had unsupervised access to that weapon. We do not need a change of law to make this illegal.

Tue May 03, 2016 2:30 pm
VunderWOCer

Have thanks: 58 time
Tragic as it is, there are laws in place to deal with this without any need for law changes.

webley hawk mark 1 both barrels
webley typhoon 22
bereta 92 fs nickel 177
hw77 standard 177 v mach hawke varmint 2.5-12x44 colin mulloy reblue
hw77 zephur sabre optics 3x9 f1 main spring and v mach seal
bsa superstar 22 v mach
bsa cadet major
lincoln jeffries 2nd batch 177
webley mk 3 22 open sights
hw77 mk2 iron sights 22
webley eclipse mk1 22 scoped and silencer
hw 77k mk2 iron sights 177 v mach
bsa supersport
bsa meteor
feinwerkbau 127 nikko 4x32 sight
hw77 v mach seal, 4x 32 nicko scope
theoben taunus 22
hw97k 177, tinbum, v mach 25mm seal, 3-9 hawke airmax scope, brass all round
sterling arms hr81 22

Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm
UberWOCer

Have thanks: 19 time
jmclbrown wrote:
Nobody has yet pointed out that the three thirteen year old lads should not have had unsupervised access to that weapon. We do not need a change of law to make this illegal.

That was my thoughts, 13yr olds, unsupervised, someone is going to have a lot of explaining to do here I think.

Steve

HW77 .22 (1984) Refurbished
Air Arms Mk2 S200 .177 - Hawk Vantage 3-9x40 Ao

Tue May 03, 2016 7:36 pm
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 5 time
I think the nail's been hit on the head here.

The law covers this eventuality and the lads concerned should be charged and stand trial. I assume that they're traumatised, distraught, both sorry that it happened and all that but the fact is (or seems to be from what I've read) that they broke the law, as did the airgun owner. Firearms laws are in place to stop this sort of thing happening, and unless these laws are enforced, we may get a knee-jerk reaction from politicians and end up with compulsory airgun licensing or worse.

Although I personally have no problem with having an "airgun licence" I can understand those who are against it. I am more worried that there may be a suggestion to lower the legal 12 ft/lb limit, especially from this government which seems to jump on every populist bandwagon which passes by. So although it may seem counter-intuitive, I think the airgun lobby should be pressing for the law to be applied in this case and for prosecutions to be made.

Just my opinion, don't want to start an arguement.

Wed May 04, 2016 3:58 pm
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 31 time
1000 a year die of smoking and drinking related disease , motorbikes kill more people than guns ,cars kill more people than guns , more people get killed in light aircraft than guns , are you getting what i am saying ?

Wed May 04, 2016 5:46 pm
VunderWOCer

I am...
You forgot people who commit suicide because they are strangled by taxes they can't pay to keep their businesses going. These deaths are directly related to politics.

Wed May 04, 2016 5:53 pm
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 28 time
Fotografics wrote:
I think the nail's been hit on the head here.

The law covers this eventuality and the lads concerned should be charged and stand trial. I assume that they're traumatised, distraught, both sorry that it happened and all that but the fact is (or seems to be from what I've read) that they broke the law, as did the airgun owner. Firearms laws are in place to stop this sort of thing happening, and unless these laws are enforced, we may get a knee-jerk reaction from politicians and end up with compulsory airgun licensing or worse.

Although I personally have no problem with having an "airgun licence" I can understand those who are against it. I am more worried that there may be a suggestion to lower the legal 12 ft/lb limit, especially from this government which seems to jump on every populist bandwagon which passes by. So although it may seem counter-intuitive, I think the airgun lobby should be pressing for the law to be applied in this case and for prosecutions to be made.

Just my opinion, don't want to start an arguement.

I'm with Fotographics on this one - I don't know the full details, perhaps never will, but on the face of it - this was not an ACCIDENTAL death, it was UNLAWFUL killing and should be treated as such.

My opinion, I know some will disagree.

Weihrauch HW80 mk 1 .22 Kassnar 3-9x56 wa ao tt
Weihrauch HW80 mk 2 .177 Kassnar 3-9x40 wa ao tt / ATN MK390
Weihrauch HW77 mk 1 .22 Optima 3-9x40 wa tt / Tasco World Class 6-18x40 ao tt
Weihrauch HW77k mk2 .22 Optima 3-9x40 wa tt / Tasco TR 6-24x40 ao tt
Webley Omega Carbine .22 Tasco AG 2-7x32 wa oa tt
Webley Stingray Express LE .22 Simmons WTC13 3.5-10x40 wa
Webley Longbow (Turkish) .22 Simmons WTC13 3.5-10x40 wa
BSA Mercury mk3 .22 Tasco AG 1.75-5x40 wa oa
BSA Meteor mk1 .22 Tasco 663 A 4x32
BSA Meteor mk5 .22 Tasco 629 AG 3-9x32
Webley Tempest (Brum) .177/.22 (both barrels) Original Mod'5 1.5x15 / open sights

Last edited by has2baspringer on Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2016 6:09 pm
VunderWOCer

has2baspringer wrote:
this was not an ACCIDENTAL death, it was UNLAWFUL killing and should be treated as such.

A few years ago a young neighbor of mine killed himself when showing his father's 9mm pistol to a friend. Shot himself in the head.
Who really thinks banning whatever stops deaths from happening?

Wed May 04, 2016 6:17 pm
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 28 time
AndreHw wrote:
A few years ago a young neighbor of mine killed himself when showing his father's 9mm pistol to a friend. Shot himself in the head.
Who really thinks banning whatever stops deaths from happening?

That's pretty much my point but in a round about way. These lads were probably behaving exactly as I did at their age (many years ago), but I was unaware of the dangers and it wasn't illegal.

Regulations are there for everyone's protection, not as a means of punishing the law abiding.

Learning the hard way was the way I learned - it's just a shame people still have to do it.

Weihrauch HW80 mk 1 .22 Kassnar 3-9x56 wa ao tt
Weihrauch HW80 mk 2 .177 Kassnar 3-9x40 wa ao tt / ATN MK390
Weihrauch HW77 mk 1 .22 Optima 3-9x40 wa tt / Tasco World Class 6-18x40 ao tt
Weihrauch HW77k mk2 .22 Optima 3-9x40 wa tt / Tasco TR 6-24x40 ao tt
Webley Omega Carbine .22 Tasco AG 2-7x32 wa oa tt
Webley Stingray Express LE .22 Simmons WTC13 3.5-10x40 wa
Webley Longbow (Turkish) .22 Simmons WTC13 3.5-10x40 wa
BSA Mercury mk3 .22 Tasco AG 1.75-5x40 wa oa
BSA Meteor mk1 .22 Tasco 663 A 4x32
BSA Meteor mk5 .22 Tasco 629 AG 3-9x32
Webley Tempest (Brum) .177/.22 (both barrels) Original Mod'5 1.5x15 / open sights

Wed May 04, 2016 6:27 pm
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 6 time
Has any more news of the lads (families)come out in that tragic happening last May.? Just asking as,all will be aware,Law changes,have been made,but..i guess south of the border,dont change laws to gain votes.in these incidents,Gross negligence on storage,i think,is the cause,accompanied by,the fact that 13/14 year olds,should have been made well aware of ,Respect for Consequences,for Ignoring the obvious.The lads in the shed.?17 ?,playing in a shed at 17 ??thats "not right",the lad ,who was showing his pal the 9mm.?? What?? Both of these "accidents"were simple to avoid, and ,if anyone needs to be charged, that would of course be ,the Responsible,law abiding,Parent,with or without the foresight to see what ultimate sacrifice,they have to deal with.In the knowledge ,they shoulda known,did in fact ,and Will i imagine be prosecuted.the boys,,air rifle,What was it, apart from,not locked away (Adult??)owners, you know better .first rule you learn, Never.point a lead throwing tool at any person.assuming its not loaded.mmmm,Should be checked ,before you point it Anywhere.and ,having had a pellet or 2 pass or not. my person,Fortunately,Theres the Kangaroo court,for such ,accidents .That involve the removal,of way more than liberty,for 14 year olds. Who,regretfully,Will i think,take time to get through whats happened, but, Those Adults...leaving 9mm pistols,or What airgun??,to be picked up ,surely with ammo ,not unloaded,??jeezuz boys and girls.sorry,Law abiding Adult owners!#!?!# Missing the brain parts required,?yup. Whos feeling guilt , keyholder why the ammo availability. ?? Its the 9mm that gets first prize,Its undoubtably surely,been destroyed,so,at least its safely out of harms way,frpm misuse by a criminal in another ilegal use of by some other criminal. Tragedy can be avoided,as sure as water drowns hundreds every year.Fishing.kills more hobbyists than the rest of normal sports combined. Thats the end of my sympathetic,enquiry,,and rambling into the world of the Careless & Lawless ,No insults were made,i just,have a way of getting to the point,then,passing it,with nobody actually getting it. If youve had time to mull it over,and ,anything to add for clarity.Do feel, comment,and contradict ,what you will.Was the 9mm legal? The lad shot in the neck,to be fatal.is a horrible ness, complicated by something else, perhaps,? Sad for the parents, RIP lad. PARENTS. YOU KNOW THE RULES. If not your laws.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:24 pm
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 6 time
[quote="villaman"]1000 a year die of smoking and drinking related disease , motorbikes kill more people than guns ,cars kill more people than guns , more people get killed in light aircraft than guns , are you getting what i am saying ?
ScubaDiving,kills,less as a sport fraught with worst case scenarios,bar none, Usual,not educated to levels requred,etc.the expected end result.if your lucky..?you live to dive another day. Lesson learnt. Complacency,and misuse of the rules,To blame,Not,usual is it equpment failure,Human error,strikes again.Kangaroo Court,not Political.Alas not in Scotland.Get ya villaman.& Fishings the Big killer.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:02 pm
SupremaWOCer

Have thanks: 342 time
The only thing I have seen recently as in the last few days is that the Parents want to build a skate park in memory of their son as he was really into skate boarding. There was no memtion of anything about what had transpired since the death of their son.

Digger.

BSA R10 Super Carbine .177 Hawke Airmax 30 4-16X50
HW97KT .177 V Glide MTC Viper 10X44
Daystate pulsar OS .177 Falcon Menace 4-18X44

Proud member of YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club.

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 42 time
At age of 5 my uncle first took me shooting ,and it was safety first never be in front of a loaded gun.
or point in at what you are not intending to shoot.
good advice I have lived with for 55 years .

Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next