View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:58 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from thewoc@hotmail.co.uk. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 V-mach piston sleeve for HW35 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 0 time
Unread post V-mach piston sleeve for HW35
I've recently acquired a 35E, it looks immaculate but feels quite rough to cock, has a jarring recoil and considerable "spring twang". I haven't opened it up yet but I'm considering fitting a V-mach tuning kit to it.
I put one in my 77 and it made a considerable improvement to the factory standard so I fancied doing the same to the 35 anyway.

Looking at the V-mach website, it looks like the tuning kits for the 35's don't come with piston sleeves. Does anyone know if there's a reason for this?

I was hoping a sleeve would remove the "twanginess". I know they're reasonably easy to make but I'm wondering why V-mach wouldn't supply one when they do for the other kits.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 1 time
Unread post Re: V-mach piston sleeve for HW35
I just installed a Vortek kit in my HW50s it has both a top hat and ainside outside sleeve, This has brought my fps up to max and it shoots very smooth and quiet >I though the HW was nice before but this realy made for a nice cocking and firing cycle John

HW50s
20T01 Diana
620 Slavia (1950)
B26

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:11 pm
OberWOCer

Have thanks: 9 time
Why not give Steve Pope a phone call.

j2

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:28 pm
NeuWOCer

john2 wrote:
Why not give Steve Pope a phone call.

j2

I thought I'd ask here first before I bother him as I'm sure he's quite busy.
Someone must have fitted a V-mach kit to a 35 before, was just wondering if there was a technical reason for not getting/fitting a sleeve.
I'll ask him later if no-one here can help.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:49 pm
NeuWOCer

I just re-assembled my HW35 with a spring guide and top hat machined out of nylon 66 (molybdenum loaded). I thought about fitting a PTFE spring sleeve but on mine there's too little clearance (< 0.5mm) between the outer diameter of the spring and inside diameter of the piston.

Hopefully a centralized spring and a generous amount of grease should reduce the twang a bit.

Cheers,
Chris

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:02 pm
NeuWOCer

chris68 wrote:
... but on mine there's too little clearance (< 0.5mm) between the outer diameter of the spring and inside diameter of the piston.

Ah! that'll be the answer, thanks Chris.

Shame, mine sounds like a ruler off the side of a desk.
Maybe the new spring from a V-mach kit will help sort it.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 pm
VunderWOCer

Have thanks: 38 time
MMy HW35 is fitted with a Bonnie & Clyde kit. Spring, with delrin top hat and guide, and a PTFE piston liner. The kit I have uses a smaller diameter spring than standard, so there is room for the liner. ;)

The way you describe your gun's behaviour at present reminds of mine whwn I first bought it. It turned out to have an OX spring in it. :shock: It shoots very nicely now though, at 11.6ft/lbs. Smooth and quick. ;)

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]