View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from thewoc@hotmail.co.uk. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Beeman RX2 in .20 cal help 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 0 time
Unread post Beeman RX2 in .20 cal help
Bought myself a new, but used, RX2 HW90 and took it to the range to see what it would do. I tried two different scopes with two different sets of rings. It shot so low that I could not sight it in. Took a couple shots with open sights and did not to bad.

I want to scope this gun, so open sights are out. Putting pellets into the breech took a little pushing to get the pellet into the barrel. Breach seal seems a little proud. Thought it could have something to do with the droop.

So today I discovered that there doesn't seem to be a true lock up closing the barrel.

It seems as though there is a bit of movement in the lock up. So, when the barrel is closed, lock up should be solid, locked and take some force to crack the barrel.

On mine, with the barrel closed, I can push the barrel, with a little effort, then it seems to hit a lock point.

If this is happening, gun loaded, barrel locked to closed position, then fire, will the barrel move to the position it moved to with a little force as I described earlier? Could this be happening causing a low POI?

If so, who can walk me trough the sets to figure it out and fix it?

If my assumption is correct, I may not have barrel droop but a moving barrel. Visually, I don't see any droop.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 pm
NeuWOCer

Unread post Re: Beeman RX2 in .20 cal help
Ok, it does lock up properly but I have noticed plenty of barrel droop or it's bent. I'll update later.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm
UnterWOCer

Have thanks: 3 time
Gasram is not pumped? What velocity?

IZH-38 .177
IZH-67 .177

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:33 am
NeuWOCer

Good point, I'll have to chrony it.

I'm surprised feed back is so slow here, must be the holidays?

Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:15 am
UnterWOCer

Have thanks: 3 time
Here so always.

IZH-38 .177
IZH-67 .177

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:08 am
NeuWOCer

Update
Here is a email I've sent to two friends who are more than qualified to tackle this problem. Many on this form, like C.A.P, and Thomas gave good advice on what to do and some said get a droop compensating mount. Well, looks like a mount would have masked the problem till it got worse.
I am hoping to have it back by next weekend.

Email:
Looks like we are dealing with a few problems at the same time.

1, the pivot bolt
2. pivot breech hole
3. bent barrel, more than one bend?
4. breech seal too proud?

1. Walter noticed that the hole for the bolt that goes through the block, has a shoulder or sleeve in it. It appears that this smaller portion rides on the collared portion of the pivot bolt. You'll notice the pivot bolt is not collared all the way to the threads on the receiver. Design flaw?
I think this is where we get some play when the barrel is in the receiver hence the unusual wear on the bolt.

2. Breech hole collared or sleeved probably to prevent the threads of the bolt from getting damaged.

3. Had the barrel in the lathe from breech to muzzle and you could see the bend easily (showed Walt on phone camera).
We slid the barrel all the way into the chuck so that only the breech block stuck out and spun it. There was visual wobble.
This is the point where my friend began to straighten the barrel. He put a dowel into the loading port to measure the run out while spinning.
Thats as far as he got. Went for lunch.

3. Walt thinks that the barrel may have more than one bend.

4. Breech seal protrusion measured .020. It may or may not have been shimmed. The detent and spring may need a clean and lube. Was not having positive lock up when I first got it. I then took it apart and removed the cocking linkage, then got positive lock up. So, it may have something to do with the linkage.
The breech shims are a little chewed up too. One looked like it was pealing, like the threads when your machining stuff.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]