View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from thewoc@hotmail.co.uk. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 HW90 .22 Review 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 0 time
Unread post HW90 .22 Review
A while ago, i bought myself a Weihrauch HW90. The reason for this purchase is, I don't shoot competitive but just like airguns and a bit of power. It is an affordable gun (I bought it secondhand for 275 euro's including dampamount). You have to find out for yourself what 275 euro's is in Pounds, because i'm already having a hard time translating my review for y'all. So...

The HW90 is known for it's power and for having a Theoben GasRam inside instead of a convential spring. This gasram system gives it it's power and it's characteristic handling. It has a short lock-time and a 'non-twisting' recoil, just straight backwards. The pressure in the gasram is adjustible, from 0 to 26bar. So it would be a fair gun for competetions (12fpe) or for hunting in whatever power level you'd like (in The Netherlands we aren't allowed to hunt without a license, but even if you have one you may not use airguns). The Theoben system is also very quiet becaus of not using a spring, it is completely twang-free. (i don't know if u call it twang, but i mean the (bad) sound of a spring by that)

The airrifle is relatively hard to cock, but I got used to it. It's rekord trigger system is very smooth. A very sensitive ,and importantly, very predictabel 2-stage adjustable trigger. Because mine was secondhand I didn't have to adjust the trigger.

Shooting with this gun is just fun. It shoots extremely accurate with the H&N FTT's , H&N Barracuda's and JSB Exact's. More accurate than myself, but i'm learning every time I shoot. Due to the fact that this airrifle is very powerfull, only a 1" wooden plate for a backstop doesn't stop you from shooting holes in the wall behind it.

Because of it's recoil, you need a dampamount and a very strong scope. I use a Hawke Airmax 4-12x40, but my crosshair broke already because of the recoil (it rotates with every shot I take). Lowering the pressure (and by doing that also the powerlevel) should stop the HW90 to kill scopes.

The looks of the HW90 are very misleading. It has a very boring appearance with no 'specials' except for the checkering on it, but even that is very basic. Too bad I can't find any reviews of someone who build a custom stock for it, or bought one. Because i'd really like one but I need some information before i buy a stock for my beloved airrifle. The weight of the hw90 with the standard stock is well balanced with a scope mounted, and that is not superflous because it weights over 4.5 kg when a scope is mountend (you have to calcute this by yourselfs, thank you).

I will post some pictures later on.
Hopefully this review is usefull to someone. I also hope the Englisch i use isn't bothering anyone, i tried to make it as read-friendly.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:01 pm
UberWOCer

Unread post 
:D Excellent review mate, and your english is fine so you dont need to apologise for it. If you dont mind me saying though I thought the 90 had what is called the Elite trigger rather than the Rekord??
I used to own myself a couple of years back and it was certainly a joy to shoot.

( just noticed you're English is fine but my spelling/typing is getting bad :lol: , just corrected it though )

HW100k .22
Hw97k .177
Hw95 .177
Feinwerkbau P70
Ripley AR4
Falcon titan pistol
Steyr lp50 pistol

Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:44 pm
UnterWOCer

Unread post 
cool review, handy info :)

i allso allmost bought a hw90, but i didn't, because didn't had the money at the time, and didnt know how or what to do with the fact of it being a known as a scope killer, like you experienced..

One huge advantage what i think it has, is that when u use this gun for hunting, you can load you gun, and hold it in that position for a long time,(with tension) without any risk of damaging to the gun.

As in a spring rifle, you dont want to have your gun(spring) under tension for a longer period of time.. while in a gasram system it doesnt matter..

or am i wrong?

hw97k here i come :)

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:00 pm
NeuWOCer

Unread post 
nuX wrote:
cool review, handy info :)

i allso allmost bought a hw90, but i didn't, because didn't had the money at the time, and didnt know how or what to do with the fact of it being a known as a scope killer, like you experienced..

One huge advantage what i think it has, is that when u use this gun for hunting, you can load you gun, and hold it in that position for a long time,(with tension) without any risk of damaging to the gun.

As in a spring rifle, you dont want to have your gun(spring) under tension for a longer period of time.. while in a gasram system it doesnt matter..

or am i wrong?

You're exactly right! Leaving the riffle cocked for a long time doesn't make the gasram weaker. Unless you're talking bout several years. After some years it is possible you need to fill it up a little bit, but i've never heard of someone who had need to do that. I did read a review on some 90 wich gasram was damaged, it had a leak. But Theoben fixxed it and payed for the shipping.

I really love the gun. Only too bad that I can't use every scope on ite but i'm not gonna lower it's power level. Another con is it's weight, it's hard to shoot from a standing position for me because of it's weight, even though i'm stronger than avarage.

-- About the trigger, I'm gonna check it once again but the previous owner told me it was Rekord. --

another thing about the gun I didn't mension is that it has a, I think, very nice safety future. Every time you cock the gun, it automaticaly locks in the safatypal. At first it is anoying, but after a while you get used to it and unlock it without noticing before every shot. Because of the very sensitive trigger you can easily let the gun go of accidentally, and you don't want to shoot anyone.

edit:
Why haven't you bought the 90? You could release some pressure so it didn't kill scopes anymore.. What gun did you buy instead?

edit2:
can't find much info about the hw90 trigger, but it doesn't seem to be a Rekord indeed. There also seem to be 2 types of it, the older and newer version. I don't know which one i've got.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]