View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Welcome
Welcome to the Weihrauch Owners Club

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

When registering, please remember to include your location in your profile so that you gain access to the sales and wanted sections. Failure to do so will mean your posts in those sections will be deleted. Sales and Wanted will not be visible until you reach the minimum post count.

Support mails from this forum come from thewoc@hotmail.co.uk. Make sure your spam filters are not grabbing these mails. If you request support please provide details of your issue. If you just say "I can't log in" then we can't help. We need, forum name, mail ID and a description of the issue you are having. Anything less and you will be ignored.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 HW100 0.22 FAC Barrel change 
NeuWOCer

Have thanks: 0 time
Unread post HW100 0.22 FAC Barrel change
Hi Folks, I would like to know if there are 0.22 FAC owners that did barrel changes and if it solved the accuracy problem. As i understand the 0.22 FAC comes with a polygon barrel and that there is actually nothing wrong with having a polygon barrel but it has a couple of disadvantages according to other forums on the internet. It seems that the biggest draw back is that polygon barrels does not like "lead" and needs cleaning more often and that you need more than 30ft/lbs energy for the pellet to work properly in the barrel. My barrel is extremely pellet fussy and does not work with JSB`s. The JSB`s give me "flyers" of more than 2" away from POI. When i use H&N FTT or Crosman premier i do not get the "flyers" but the grouping could be considered "shotgun" at 25yrd.(i shoot the same distance with my HW97 and i can shoot a reasonable grouping without to much effort). Just as a matter of interrest the chrony string of the rifle is quite consistent with a spread of 8fps.

I would like to replace my barrel with a LW "rifled" barrel but would like to here from other people that has changed barrels and if it they got better accuracy.

Please refer to these links as i based my idea of barrel change on what guys said on these forums.
http://falconowners.myfastforum.org/arc ... _7047.html

polygon-barrel-t7154.html

HW97 Black Line
Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20X42

Hw97K
Gamo 3-9X40

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 am
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 7 time
Unread post Re: HW100 0.22 FAC Barrel change
BSA barrels are the way to go. Tony wall at Sandwell fields sport is the man to talk to.
I put them on both of mine and they are lasers. The perfect match for a HW100.

Blue laminated HW 97K 177 spring kit from Tony Wall

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 am
InterWOCer

Have thanks: 5 time
Can I ask what did the BSA barrel cost in .22 ? Why can't Weihrauch seem to sort out this accuracy ? I'm looking at the FAC route but 99% of people are telling me to forget a 100 and get a Rapid Mk 2.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:08 pm
NeuWOCer

I only found some new info after i put up the post that guys in the netherlands do a conversion that they call the "Lightstream". So far everything i have read on the internet points to the problem that the HW100 0.22 FAC is to underpowered to blow up the skirt of the pellet in the polygon barrel and that you need 30 ft/lbs at least. For now i am leaving the barrel and gonna play around with power setting and increase power to 32ft/lbs. If i start getting better groupings it will prove that the rifle is underpowered and if it doesn`t work then i will do the "lightstream" conversion. Basically i don`t want to have a competition rifle but at least something that puts the pellet in the general direction i am pointing it. The disadvantage of going the increase power route is loss of shot count. +-20 shots per fill.

http://www.100mairgun.nl/post/2011/03/L ... csAls.aspx

Can anyone comment on the barrels of the HW100? 1. Do weihrauch make their own barrels or do they buy them out from a 3de party supplier eg. LW?

HW97 Black Line
Hawke Sidewinder 6.5-20X42

Hw97K
Gamo 3-9X40

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:25 am
InterWOCer

For memory I think it cost $230.00 Australian machined up and ready to go. Worth every cent.
It's not the power thats the problem it is the rifling in the barrel.
Mine gets 3 mags at 26 ftlb with JSB's 18.1 with pin point accuracurcy.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:18 pm
NeuWOCer

aussieGav wrote:
For memory I think it cost $230.00 Australian machined up and ready to go. Worth every cent.
It's not the power thats the problem it is the rifling in the barrel.
Mine gets 3 mags at 26 ftlb with JSB's 18.1 with pin point accuracurcy.

hi aussiegav
i have tried to send this as a pm to you but it will not send ?
so slightly off topic
hi gav,
i am in victoria and thinking about getting a HW100 in .22 but not sure about most posts here if they are FAC models or not, how bad is the grouping ? they are not bring HW100 into OZ with fsb now so it will be barrel only..
a few of these threads are putting me off the HW100 now . the barrel is my only concern with the HW100, i may change my mind and go with a FX model instead . would you buy another HW100 ??? is it that bad ??
thanks
Aaron

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:16 am
InterWOCer

PM sent.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 pm
NeuWOCer